Cloud CRM, is CRM software where the application and data are all held, or hosted, on the CRM providers’ own servers in a datacentre, and accessed via an internet browser.
Cloud CRM, is also known as cloud-based CRM, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) CRM, online CRM and Web CRM.
It distinguishes the system from traditional ‘in-house’ applications, which would be installed and run on servers within an organisation.
Cloud has a number of technical and pricing advantages:
Benefits of Cloud
The benefits of cloud-based CRM are multiple, from the cost and ease of use through to team collaboration, integration with other systems and data security.
- You don’t need any local servers to run the CRM system on. So there’s no capital cost, no server software and no maintenance
- Updates, backups, maintenance all done by the Cloud vendor (that’s us!)
- Users can access the system from anywhere via the internet e.g. home, office or smartphone
- By running thousands of customers’ CRM system on our servers, we get great economies of scale which we can pass on to our customers
- By paying monthly or quarterly, you reduce the financial risk and improve your company’s cash flow
- You can cancel at time
You can find out more about CRM with these other articles:
You can find out more about Cloud based CRM in our blog – You don’t need a CRM App.